Thursday, February 28, 2008

Something's Fishy.

So here I am... trotting into work.. not really wanting to be here today...thinking of today's awesome train ride... and pass the CTO in the loooong hallways of my office.

"Mornin J.." I say.

"Good Morning Faisal" he says. and we pass each other.

I pause and look back at him walking away... "Good Morning - F.A.I.S.A.L???" is what he said!! Whoa!!! Something is up.

In a company of over 1200 peeps.. the CTO knows my name and pronounced it correct as well??.. and me probably only spoke to him once in the last 18 months?

Something is up for sure. I just cannot relax not knowing.

WTF is this corporate amreeka political system. Bring it on. I can take it like a Paki guy. Just try me.

I trace back my months at this place trying to figure out the accomplishments for why he remembered my name. Or did I unknowingly screw up.

Whatever it is... sure gives me the creeps.

... now back to thinking of my awesome train ride.

3 comments:

Hedy said...

You KNOW why, Faisal! Because you do excellent work there - you said it yourself - you've never missed a deadline. How many of us can say that? I sure can't. He knows you because you're making a difference there. OR. He's getting ready to ask you out on a date. Either way, he LIKES YOU!!!! :)

Susan's Snippets said...

There is always the possibility that as a Paki you have been put on the company's watch list as a potential terrorist.

Have they been performing strip searches of you?

could be a clue

MirzaDude said...

Ooooh i c... so this is how it works in this country!!

...and I thought she asked me to strip all the time cause she liked me.

*sigh*

my hopes blown!!!