Thursday, March 6, 2008

Sanity - Returned

After weeks of consistent headaches and intolerable stress at work... today is when I feel sane again. A load off my back, at least that’s how I think of it now.. on my way home… back to observing the people around me.

This older ‘Indian’ lady with a laptop, pretending to work but snooping over the shoulder of the guy next to her to read the news… looks at me and then quickly back to her pretend work…. Gotcha!!! Oh.. did I mention she was ‘Indian’.

Aaah… life seems to be back to normal.. I can feel it…. and check out the hottie in the car below who does not even know I exist!!! aaaiiyaaaaii yaaaai karaamba!! yup…. as normal as can be.

Actually enjoyed work today. Been meeting all deadlines and very active in the meetings. A day without headache is a rare occurrence and today was one of them. Even the people around me noticed the ‘return of ‘da mirza’.

However… it’s back to work from home thru the night. Fearing my sanity will disappear again. Want to enjoy whatever is remaining.

----------------------------
Work incident of the day: the dude exited from the emergency exit and the alarm goes off again…. the really irritating type that nobody resets for another hour. Was in a meeting with my boss when that happened.

She says… “I just put up the notice yesterday on the door so people do not exit through the door.”

I say… “Yes, but it was in English?”

My work = 1200 employees, 950 of which are Indians, many Russians and Chinese, 4 Pakistanis and a handful Americans.
---------------------------

BTW… did I mention.. that old lady is an ‘Indian’ too - I eyeball her as she exists the Lisle station… heheheheh!!!

am I sane?

1 comments:

molly gras said...

sane - yes; naughty - definitely!!

[BTW - my word verification = lolvl (laugh out loud; very loud!)